Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dairy Free



So, one of my goals with this crazy blog is to bring in ideas from other moms who may home school or be dealing with some of the same issues I do! One "issue" I deal with daily is a milk allergy. My middle daughter has a severe milk allergy that we are praying will go away soon. Judging from the hives she got from eating Mcdonald's fries the other day, I am thinking it's not going anywhere soon. Who knew McD's fries had traces of milk!!! I am always looking for ways to cook without milk AND for the food to actually taste good. After preparing meals this way for three years I have gotten pretty good. I also love to get new ideas from others. I am going to post a dairy free cooking idea every once in a while. If someone takes a look at this blog and has a yummy recipe they would like to share, please do. I am off to make star shaped cookies. My daughter goes to church on Wednesdays and they are learning the verse "When they saw the stars, they were overjoyed". They will be eating star shaped cookies which most likely will contain milk or normal butter. I will be making sugar cookies using Earth Balance butter. It's dairy free and tastes pretty good. Also, it's organic and is free of yucky additives and preservatives. Be sure to use the regular spread not whipped if you decide to try this out. Happy Dairy Free Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment