Monday, October 18, 2010

Reason # 4,5 and 6 living with Nana and Papaw is good



So life has brought me full circle back to my hometown. After trying to get out of here right after high school and living in Austin, Baton Rouge, Houston, just to name a few, my husband was blessed with a job right here in the big D. He is thoroughly enjoying his new job and the girls and I are enjoying getting to hang out with my parents once again...and when I say hanging out with my parents, I mean LIVING with them! That is until our house down South either sells or leases. But life is good. I am starting to reconnect with old friends and most all of our other family lives around the area also. While I miss friends and familiarity of our home near Houston, I am soaking up the benefits of living here once again. Of course the kids are loving living with Nana and Papaw. They are already putting Papaw to work and have somehow convinced him and my mom that the old playhouse needs to be revived. It's amazing how much fun a backyard can be with tons of acorns, shade trees and an old playhouse that hasn't really been touched in years. So far they have moved a wall to open up the inside of the house, put in some new hardware to make it more sturdy and replaced the floor on the inside. And of course a new sign has been hung on the front. Future plans include new paint, new inside walls, some chalkboard paint and anything else the always inventive Savannah can come up with!
Living here has been nice....I cook dinner and my mom cleans up the kitchen (LOVE this!!), I can run to the store with only ONE kid while mom watches the rest, and I have someone to hang out with when Bruce works late hours and extra days. Some days are more challenging than others. I feel bad when my kids are screaming, fighting, and otherwise interrupting my parent's normal daily routine. I feel guilty when my mom does our laundry even though she says I shouldn't. I'm not sure how much I need to help out around here but know I want to help out bunches in order to not take advantage of the situation! Each day we learn a little more and I for one know that this is only a season in our lives. Soon we will be moving into our own space again...the challenges will be forgotten and the girls will be missing Nana and Papaw again. The good news is we'll be just a few miles away....




1 comment:

  1. Oh the clubhouse is every girls dream. I am so excited for them and their motivation to talk Nana and Papaw into fixin' it for them!!!!! I know they will have HOURS of fun in there!
    We miss ya'll like crazy, but good to know that ya'll are having fun.
    Oh, and I like that dinner/cleanup thing you have working for you! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete