Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Long Awaited Vegetable Garden








I've been talking about making a vegetable garden for a couple of years now and this Spring it finally happened! Of course I needed my hub's help in doing this, and this year, much to my delight, he was ready and willing! Maybe it was because it was a beautiful day (last weekend!!) or maybe it was because I had also mentioned going downtown to the zoo. Perhaps staying around here sounded much better than a big trek to the zoo. Nevertheless, we did it. What started with an afternoon trip to Home Depot ended with what I hope to be a fruitful garden! We started with a few bags of soil, "poop", and peat moss.We picked out tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, parsley, lavender, and cilantro


The Girls helped a lot. Brooke helped mix the soil and kept saying "I'm digging in poop!" Only my Brookey Baby would get a kick out of this!













No comments:

Post a Comment